BB2StatsGrabber, BBManagerish software for BB2

Everything that doesn't belong to somewhere else
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

BB2StatsGrabber, BBManagerish software for BB2

Post by Mythrell »

Just stumbled across this software, what do you guys think? To me it looks pretty nice, it's not as ready as BBM was (or is, if it ever gets back up :roll: ), but I think it's pretty nice already.

More info on forums http://forum.bloodbowl-game.com/viewtop ... =61&t=7000

and their homesite http://www.mordrek.com/BB2Stats/

Creating a "website" to show the stats and so on wouldn't be that big of a task and completely possible thing to do, but the software do have the same requirement that you upload games afterwards.
jarik

Re: BB2StatsGrabber, BBManagerish software for BB2

Post by jarik »

Looked at it quickly. It seems that client parsing gets game data in json and then there is some webserver that displays it (in not so pretty format).

I have some cool ideas that I could quite quickly implement if got game data to serve. Was planning to do it on last weekend by using API from BBM, but as servers were down ...and Morg haven't replied my email so not really optimistic right now.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

I did check around the BB2 files, it seems like the replays are just zipped xml files so technically it wouldn't be that hard to use that raw data too. But yeah it's a lot easier if parser is already done. :)
jarik

Post by jarik »

Well sometimes having "ready made solution" doubles the work :D But it seems that there is config file with server endpoint so if I would just find out how it transfers data could just implement server endpoint to get that. But I don't know if all C# code is this hard to figure out or just this project... :)

Best for me would be to get info directly when game is submitted, so own or modified client would be best. Polling some other server would also be possible so if that web server has some easy way to get info it would be ok. Of course when polling you have to filter out old results, but most likely amount of data doesn't get so big in our league that it would be big problem.

Of course I would use proper cloud tools and hosting everything would be practically free. Servers always cost something (well we have this forum server already...)
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

To be honest it looks appealing but I have a problem to use it for the WC tournament : when I try to upload and install it my Anti virus is warning me of potential security issues.

I am not sure I can ask blindly all WC players to use a tool that their anti virus may give the same message.
Superbowl VII Champions
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

It is a known issue but I don't think there's that much he can do about it. I think I had similar issues with BloodBowl Manager at first too.

One another thing worth considering is that you could just grab the saved replays from everyone and one person could then use the application to create stats. Or, if we create our own tool for it, they could just upload it to the website which genereates the stats.

In anycase, I think it's a bit late to add that to the world cup, but I think it's worth thinking about for future leagues.
jarik

Post by jarik »

If save files are zipped xml then all we need is the files. If I could rely on everyone having java installed I could probably do such program quite fast. All that parsing could be done on the server side. And if files aren't huge that is what I would have done because then you could do all updating on server side.

Then it would seem that you could do it pretty easily also without needing java runtime. This bat & javascript hybrid looks helpful. And winhttpjs.bat referred in end of the page.

Could someone send me one of replay files so I could have a look? As I don't have BB2 or even Windows on my machine at all all client side related things are little hard for me :)

I have idea of little fun thing I could most likely do for the WC if could get file to server, at least if format isn't too horrible and it is somewhat easy to get basic info out of them.
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

Files are small when zipped (500kB max), but 15MB and so on when extracted.

Send the link via slack.

Return to “General Discussion”