Big Bob, the official Twitter commentator

Everything that doesn't belong to somewhere else
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Big Bob, the official Twitter commentator

Post by jarik »

We have our own official Twitter commentator who will post all match results, and in future hopefully more in depth analyse of competition, to Twitter. He checks results every hour so shouldn't be too long after match has ended when it is posted.

Go follow him https://twitter.com/BigBob_of_112th and if are interested in knowing more or helping him be better commentator just go to http://newogham.datagnomes.eu/phpbb3/vi ... ?f=7&t=724
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
JRCO

Re: Big Bob, the official Twitter commentator

Post by JRCO »

Great Job !

I believe I will have to create a Twitter account :P
Superbowl VII Champions
Pjovejas

Post by Pjovejas »

By the way, if I would like to spectate live our qualifier games: Is it any easy way to find it ingame? Or should I just browse all those live games under "Cabal TV"?
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Pjovejas wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 09:20 By the way, if I would like to spectate live our qualifier games: Is it any easy way to find it ingame? Or should I just browse all those live games under "Cabal TV"?
If you want to watch the game" live ", When you know the Date of the agreed RDV for the Game, you can easily find them under Cabalvision, to noy browse all games you can seach by coach names or team names.

If game is already played, You can also on player pages have access to the games they have played and if you click on them you can watch the game at the time of your choice ( here the adavantage is you can accelerate & pause or slow motion at will).

Also some player are streaming live their games. For example Andy Davo does. In the message he did post to arrange the RDV he did put a link if you want to follow.
Superbowl VII Champions
Pjovejas

Post by Pjovejas »

In fumbbl there is one good and funny feature for spectators: they can post some commands in chat field and then the players hear "sound emotions". For example "aawww", or "booo" etc.

Is there such a possibility in BB2? Didn't noticed myself when spectating random games. But maybe I just don't know how to?
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Pjovejas wrote: 09 Apr 2018, 14:05 In fumbbl there is one good and funny feature for spectators: they can post some commands in chat field and then the players hear "sound emotions". For example "aawww", or "booo" etc.

Is there such a possibility in BB2? Didn't noticed myself when spectating random games. But maybe I just don't know how to?
I think there is no possibility ingame.

Only exception is when a player streams his game , you can intereact with people following that stream.
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

Big Bob is back from few days training. There he learned new skills like commenting on matches based on teams ranking, possibility to reach top etc.

Oh boy I have to say that few missing things from API can be painful, I think half of my code is just to get round information to match. And then it is "impossible" to say if ranking is from full round or not, so I just take best guess and hope for best. So if you play match just before or after round changes he might get his facts wrong.

But lets see if they improve their API because they added one endpoint I asked in like day or two. :D ...and wouldn't hurt if they made it faster too because it is stupidly slow :lol:
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
jarik

Post by jarik »

These new skills should kick in on next round as he needs to have rankings from previous round and there is no way to get history data for that.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Great ! :P
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

And first comments based on team ranking are in! :mrgreen:
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 15.33.49.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-01 at 15.33.49.png (190.92 KiB) Viewed 7315 times
]

Return to “General Discussion”