Problems with notifications

Everything that doesn't belong to somewhere else
Njord
Timezone (OGT): 0

Problems with notifications

Post by Njord »

Heya all,

I'm having trouble with receiving email notifications when someone sends a pm, for example the announcements of start of new weeks. I have checked the box for email notifications in the control panel.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Br / Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
Soleil Noir

Re: Problems with notifications

Post by Soleil Noir »

One stupid question : did you delete old messages from your PM box ? If it is full you do not receive new PM's.
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

Post by Mythrell »

I just adjusted some e-mail settings on the board and send you test PM, let me know if you receive an e-mail.

I tested with my two accounts and it seemed to work fine, but that doesn't say it would work fine for everyone.

Also, have you had this problem always on the new board or just lately?
jarik

Post by jarik »

I posted also message about this, but then checked my mails more carefully and noticed that there are mails from here so I deleted it.

But now when looking I realize I have emails from here on 16. and 18.1. and before those last one is 19.12. And between those I have received 9 PMs on this forum. And then checking some PMs back from 18.12 I see that in just few days I have more than 5 emails missing. So it wasn't just short period of time when emails were not coming.

So at least I get emails for some of the PMs, but not all.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

Hmm, I checked my e-mail and I have received notification from all PM's I've got, but I've noticed that e-mail can be tricky subject.

I did adjust the e-mail settings which might cause some e-mail providers consider them to be spam (and possibly ignore them). hopefully that resolves the issue. I've noticed that gmail has tendency to run tight antispam policy so that might be the issue.

If it looks like you're still missing e-mails after that change, let me know in this thread and I'll see if I can set it up to use different method of email sending.
Njord
Timezone (OGT): 0

Post by Njord »

I cant really say when this started but I dont think that I missed notifications on the old forum.

Well, I now got one notification from a PM today, so it seems to work again. I will see if this will continue in the future and update the thread if needed.

BR // Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf

Return to “General Discussion”