W5: Tharce Lions - Earth Liberation Front

Schedule Your Game here
JRCO

Re: W5: Tharce Lions - Earth Liberation Front

Post by JRCO »

Ok considering your view, if Game ain't played tonite I will admin a 2-1 win to Jarik.

Result do not really matter for this competition, but this preserve for both team an MVP, may matter if you decide to play these teams in future New Ogham BB2 tourney.
Superbowl VII Champions
WildKun
Timezone (OGT): 2

Post by WildKun »

they don't even have chance for wildcard ?
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

WildKun wrote:they don't even have chance for wildcard ?
Nope, wild card are already sealed cf ==> viewtopic.php?f=78&t=256
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote:Ok considering your view, if Game ain't played tonite I will admin a 2-1 win to Jarik.

Result do not really matter for this competition, but this preserve for both team an MVP, may matter if you decide to play these teams in future New Ogham BB2 tourney.
I think I limit my BB2 gaming to teams that don't have leap :D
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

jarik wrote:
JRCO wrote:Ok considering your view, if Game ain't played tonite I will admin a 2-1 win to Jarik.

Why So leap works pretty well in BB2..... once you have figured it out how to use it :)

The thing that I do not really understand how it works is dodge : sometimes when blocked they give you the choice of using it or not (which can be usefull to avoid crowd surfing), sometimes they do not offer the choice and force you to accept it. Haven't figured it out yet what triggers the choice.
Superbowl VII Champions
WildKun

Post by WildKun »

JRCO wrote:
The thing that I do not really understand how it works is dodge : sometimes when blocked they give you the choice of using it or not (which can be usefull to avoid crowd surfing), sometimes they do not offer the choice and force you to accept it. Haven't figured it out yet what triggers the choice.
if you're close to the pitch (aka can be surfed) you get the choice, if you aren't close to the pitch, you don't. AFAIR it procs when target is on last or penultimate(not sure if it's the correct word) side row.

So technically it can still fuck you up in cases like chainpush or if you get blocked->frenzy(first block from 3rd row will be no choice) but the chances are pretty low.
coldy

Post by coldy »

Yeah , as Wildkun noted alredy, it offers to cancel dodge if you can be pushed to the sidelines...

But it should always offer this honestly ...
Good days...
WildKun

Post by WildKun »

coldy wrote:Yeah , as Wildkun noted alredy, it offers to cancel dodge if you can be pushed to the sidelines...

But it should always offer this honestly ...
I would say offering an option is the way to go, because a lot of players with developed elf team (or amazons at some point) that are not "full tryhards" will want to not use it. Having few additional popups every turn may be annoying, especially considering in 99.99% cases you will choose to dodge anyway.

Also there is interesting bug in BB2 , apparently if you chainpush player onto other player that is on the sideline it won't give you an option.
coldy

Post by coldy »

at higher tv, you may consider to cancel dodge more frequently to

* block a path or position with your body (which can not be blocked) ,
* not to be marked with dt, tentackles or claw pompers or dp ....

imo dodge should be always an option ... 99,99% is too high :)...
Good days...
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote:
jarik wrote:

Why So leap works pretty well in BB2..... once you have figured it out how to use it :)
I don't believe before I see it.

It works fine if you are not in ground and have to blitz and leap before moving. If you in ground and want to blitz you have two options and always if you click on player you reset your choices, blitz and standup. Of course it could be that you could declare blitz after standing up, which would be against rules and be really good for some big guys.

Perhaps have to try someday in single player, or in hot seat multiplayer playing alone, if there is some way to blitz from ground and leap as first action. Before that not playing leapers in BB2. Unfortunately would have to get to office to test that and I feel that right now don't feel like doing that (partly because that leapinggate incident :P)
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.

Return to “Scheduling”