Major Forum Software Update

The Official Forum for New Ogham League. All important information will be posted here.
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

Major Forum Software Update

Post by Mythrell »

Hi all,

there's a new major update to the phpBB (the forum software used here), which I think I will try to install tomorrow morning (friday 28.7.). It might cause a bit longer down time for the forums, as in a major update everything can go wrong, but hopefully it will be just a simple update. :)

What new amazing features will the new phpBB 3.2 have?
- It's easier to update for admins (yay, no more FTP manual updates)
- There's a support for full emoji keyboard (I think it's the website https://emoji.codes/ ), because you know, who doesn't want that?

It should also include new ways to block spam and an improved system for notifications and overall faster operation.

Just in case I'll run a full a full backup, but just know that if the server is down full day, something probably went wrong. :)
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

Re: Major Forum Software Update

Post by Mythrell »

Ok the update is now done, there were few strange things happening with it, but it seems to be fine now.

As usual, let me know if something is not working as supposed to.

We lost a bit of the custom theme modifications like the logo and the full width style, also the image upload feature doesn't support the update. I'll see about these a bit later on.

🙊🙉🚑

Return to “News, Rules and Information”