Forum technical stuff

The Official Forum for New Ogham League. All important information will be posted here.
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

Forum technical stuff

Post by Mythrell »

Just a update what is up with technical side of the forums.

1) Forum styles
Right now you can change the forum look from your personal settings (User Control Panel -> Board Preferences -> Style). Only Prosilver has been modded with our logo right now, this might change in future. I personally dig the Digital Green. :)

2) OGT timezone field added to profiles and new user post confirmation has been turned off
These are things which were missing when first people registered on the new forums.

Upcoming features:

1) HTTPS: As soon as letsencrypt.com starts providing their free SSL certificates, I'm going to see if I can add one to our site. While it's not a big thing, it's just a web standard to have encrypted data in the net nowadays. Does not necessarily require any changes from the user, but at some point the server might redirect you from HTTP to HTTPS automatically.

If you have any suggestions or questions, please feel free to add them here :)
jarik

Re: Forum technical stuff

Post by jarik »

I wish I could find theme that uses area as efficiently as digi, but has light background color. I don't like prosilver "narrow box in middle" approach but I prefer lighter colors than digi has.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

Latest news:

- The default theme has been edited to be wide.

- There were an issue with folder permissions which disallowed uploading custom avatars and so on, hopefully this should be now fixed.

- This should also finally enable caching on the site, this should deliver noticeable speed advantage when browsing the site.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Mythrell wrote:Latest news:

- The default theme has been edited to be wide.

- There were an issue with folder permissions which disallowed uploading custom avatars and so on, hopefully this should be now fixed.

- This should also finally enable caching on the site, this should deliver noticeable speed advantage when browsing the site.

Thank You for everything you are doing !
Superbowl VII Champions
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

First Spammer caught and exiled, he was doing some kind of advertisement for Cristiano Ronaldo. I'm sure it was all legit.

So, I switched our spambot countermeasures to a Blood Bowl related question, hopefully this will resolve the issue.

Also, moved few of the new suspicious signup guys with 0 posts to a group which requires admin approval for their first messages just in case. If this was wrongly done to you, please just post a normal response and I'll fix you rights up.

My apologies for using the old phpBB 2 Captcha, that thing has not worked in years. :)

Return to “News, Rules and Information”