Hearts of Iron IV - Multiplayer

Everything that doesn't belong to somewhere else
Njord
Timezone (OGT): 0

Re: Hearts of Iron IV - Multiplayer

Post by Njord »

Antituros wrote: 13 Mar 2018, 17:17 So it is not PBEM.

Can be difficult then to mobilize more than 2 player at a time.
With some planning it should not be impossible! :)

// Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Post by jarik »

I almost bought the game. I like that kind of games, but at same time I fear those games because they will take forever...
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Njord

Post by Njord »

jarik wrote: 16 Mar 2018, 09:31 I almost bought the game. I like that kind of games, but at same time I fear those games because they will take forever...
Upside to these kind of games is that its perfectly fine to save the game and close down the computer... :P

jarik

Post by jarik »

I think main question for me is that if I start game and play one evening, lets say 3 hours, will I see that something has happened. Don't remember was it Stellaris or Endless Space 2 where I played evening and in end realized that nothing had really happened. I had just been expanding alone... Not sure if had taken too big universe or something 😆
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Njord

Post by Njord »

jarik wrote: 19 Mar 2018, 17:00 I think main question for me is that if I start game and play one evening, lets say 3 hours, will I see that something has happened. Don't remember was it Stellaris or Endless Space 2 where I played evening and in end realized that nothing had really happened. I had just been expanding alone... Not sure if had taken too big universe or something 😆
Haha, I know the feeling. But rest assured. Things will move along. Currently playing communist china and I have managed to secure most of china. But I have no fleet so I cant invade Japan ATM. And the Soviets nearly got crushed so I had to send 80 divisions to he European front to help out.

Compared to previous installations of the game I do feel that the AI has picked up quite well.

Best regards,

Njord

Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

Hearts of Iron 4 is definitely a slow starter, but once things start to roll you can get a lot of stuff done in few hours. That being said, it's grand strategy and to truly enjoy one, you must spend countless hours of planning and plotting and trying to fix borders so they don't make you puke every time you try to admire your empire.

China and Japan areas usually start a bit faster since they did so in real life too, but it's not a requirement to follow the historic timelines..

Also, it's not turn based in a sense, so if you go for the maximum speed time will fly pretty fast so you can skip a lot of idleness if you want to.

If you guys ever feel like arranging a game night to see how it goes, I would be interested to try too just to see how it goes. It might get a bit hairy since you can't really pause and constantly adjust the time like when playing single player so it's probably going to be a very different experience :)
jarik

Post by jarik »

I think I have to buy it, I have played lot other games from Paradox but not in few years. Like Heart of Iron, Crusaders Kings, Victoria etc. but now they feel so damn long. But got finally bored with XCom 2 with Long War mod so probably should get HoI.

But before I do I think I should finish my twitter bot :mrgreen:
jarik

Post by jarik »

I also bought the game, last time missed the sale.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Oh crap. Things certainly took an unexpected turn.

I am playing UK and things were looking quite historic in 1939, except that Republican Spain won the civil war, Japan went for Northern route and Germany created this anti-communist pact.

Something small was happening in Balkans, Hungary joined Axis and conquered Romania and Italy annexed Albania and Greece. I am trying to get Turkey as my ally and am protecting Yugoslavia and Poland.

BUT THEN Soviets attack Poland and I join to the war to defend Poland, but also Axis get into war so now Poland and my airforce are attacking on northern side and Avis on southern 🤔

AND THEN France gets into civil war 😬 and I join the war against communists also there. Commune quite quickly take out southern parts so we are fighting in Bretagne and Normandy. I am going to get me some new colonies from this 😄

But what does Germany now? Off course attacks France (actually missed which one because ended game for night about there) thought Belgium who ofc join Comintern instantly when attacked. I quickly protect independence of Netherlands so they wouldn't need to join Comitern also ...well they are soon attacked also and join them.

Spain is in Comintern but have stayed out of war but France Commune brings everyone in Comintern into war so soon might have some fighting in China.

When started the game really didn't expect to be on same side with Germany 😂
Njord

Post by Njord »

Hehe, yeah, sometimes weird things happens. And in the end, everybody usually gangs up on the soviets.

Most fun for me lately was playing South-Africa, going fascist and winning the civil war. Then conquered most of Africa. Alas, Germany went out of the war and US landed massivly and finished me off. :P

Best regards,

Njord

Return to “General Discussion”