Season XI Predictions!

New Ogham Season XI
Njord
Timezone (OGT): 0

Season XI Predictions!

Post by Njord »

Hello fellow Oghamites and Blood Bowl aficionados!

Now it’s that exciting time of year again when the teams are warming up and coaches try out new tactics and ways to avoid being gutted by the fans. Last year I started a prediction thread where I tried to outsmart the regular goblin pundits and look deep into the future by reading the omens in Bloodweiser beer. I failed.

However, let’s try do it again. The goal is to pick the two top seeds from each division and the wild cards.

This time I will get it right. Promise.

Division 1.

This is a hornet’s nest really. All teams except my own and the AI team will have a chance of getting the two top spots. I have played against all the coaches in the past and there are no greenhorns to be found. For the two top seeds I am thinking about last season’s finalists. Segosa has really shaped up the Les Crimson Kings and with Renis not in this season he will have the claw fest to himself. Soleil Noir and the Shadow rangers is reigning champion and have dozens of dirty elf tricks up his sleeve. However, I usually always bet for Ironfists to get through. And that is almost all the time correct. BUT, Sorry Ironfists, you will get third place.

Depending on Nuffle I think that almost all teams except the AI team and my own have a shot of reaching the two top spots in the division.

Division 2

This is interesting. Pretty evenly matched division with a mix of older knocked down teams, teams in building phase and some teams fresh out of the box. Naturally the Cheese would be my pick for top spot but somehow that team melted last season. The Leaping woodies have also taken some beating. Antituros has somehow managed to stretch the legs of one GR who is now MA 10. That’s nasty. This division seems quite open to me, but I must pick two for top spots and that is Les Bella Donna and Segosa. Most complete team in the division and will be the champs. It’s a tight race for second but I think the Leaping Devils will take one huge leap and secure second spot.

Division 3

Ehh, ok. Completely new teams and with some coaches I have never played against. There is not even an AI team to discount. :) But time has come to make the pick despite this. I will put my money on Felryans pro-elves to win the division with Jariks Gentlemen as runner ups. Norse can be deadly out of the starting blocks with.

Wild cards

I am not completely sure on how the wildcards is handed out, but I presume best performing teams just outside the top two? I will pick Ironfists from div 1 and why not Lordofchaos777 from division 3. :)

What are your thoughts?

See ya on the pitch.

BTW, Segosa, are you playing three?!? teams this season. Madness....
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
Felryan

Re: Season XI Predictions!

Post by Felryan »

I will try not to disappoint you mate :D
Segosa

Post by Segosa »

Wouah! You predict both my Elvish Nurgles and my charming ladies will be on top of their divisions? It will be hard not to disappoint you...
And yes, I'm playing in all 3 divisions, just to get a chance to reach play-offs :twisted:
Well, in fact, I proposed JRCO to replace the AI in Div 2 with my Amazon team, but initially I was supposed to play in just Div1 and Div3.
And I also proposed to replace AI in Div3 with a friend of mine... But not sure it will be more difficult than playing against an AI :roll:
Njord

Post by Njord »

Felryan wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:39 I will try not to disappoint you mate :D
Hehe, you better. Or else the goblins will take all my money. :P

Perhaps hope for some other predictions?

BR // Njord

Njord

Post by Njord »

Segosa wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 10:56 Wouah! You predict both my Elvish Nurgles and my charming ladies will be on top of their divisions? It will be hard not to disappoint you...
And yes, I'm playing in all 3 divisions, just to get a chance to reach play-offs :twisted:
Well, in fact, I proposed JRCO to replace the AI in Div 2 with my Amazon team, but initially I was supposed to play in just Div1 and Div3.
And I also proposed to replace AI in Div3 with a friend of mine... But not sure it will be more difficult than playing against an AI :roll:
LOL! Cant you bring some more of those kind of friends along? I have a certain number of coaches on my list that could be replaced.... :twisted:

On a more serious note, yeah, your elvish nurgle has become really messy to play against. Both agile and strong? Thats cheating you know. And the ladies, yes, best team in the division.

Best regards,

Njord

Felryan

Post by Felryan »

Njord wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 07:37
Felryan wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:39 I will try not to disappoint you mate :D
Hehe, you better. Or else the goblins will take all my money. :P

Perhaps hope for some other predictions?

BR // Njord
I'm not that good with predictions, and I admire yours :D
We will see if they all come true ^^

Return to “Regular Season : The Psycho Circus”