Server outage 16. - 18. should be fixed now

The Official Forum for New Ogham League. All important information will be posted here.
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

Server outage 16. - 18. should be fixed now

Post by Mythrell »

Hello,

I think the forums were down from at least 16th day due to mysql server shutting down because it didn't have enough memory.

For whatever reason the virtual host this server is running seems to be running out of memory quite often. I've been meaning to move it to new virtual host with double the resources for a month, but it's always a bit of a hassle. Also it could be better to come up with some more permanent fix as like moving to other service.

Something to think about for sure, but for now things should run good again for a while.
Mythrell

Re: Server outage 16. - 18. should be fixed now

Post by Mythrell »

Hmm I'm still receiving some SERVER 500 errors, I'm doing some checking to see if I can find the cause.
Segosa
Timezone (OGT): 0

Post by Segosa »

Thank you for your efforts Mythrell and hope to see you back on the pitch.
jarik

Post by jarik »

Mythrell wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 14:54 Hello,

I think the forums were down from at least 16th day due to mysql server shutting down because it didn't have enough memory.

For whatever reason the virtual host this server is running seems to be running out of memory quite often. I've been meaning to move it to new virtual host with double the resources for a month, but it's always a bit of a hassle. Also it could be better to come up with some more permanent fix as like moving to other service.

Something to think about for sure, but for now things should run good again for a while.
I have been looking into other solutions. Trying to find something that is easy to maintain, cheap and reliable. Of course hosted service is also one option. But then again we had our previous setup in hosted service and all that is gone

For it I need data from current forum so I can test importing it.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Njord

Post by Njord »

Segosa wrote: 18 Jan 2020, 21:01 Thank you for your efforts Mythrell and hope to see you back on the pitch.
Aye, kudos Mythrell! See you on the pitch some day!

Best regards,

Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

Our previous forum location was on FreeForums.org which had several issues like it was pretty slow and it ran ads on non-admin users. Some of those ads just straight downloaded files on your computer or otherwise triggered browser protections.. ie it was not good, but that comes with being "free".

I'm fairly certain any paid service would be good compared to that.

I can send you a mysql database dump Jarik, that will include all the phpBB data.
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

Also, Blood Bowl 7's seems like a great format, it's just it takes a bit too much time to run a normal BB game for me :(
Felryan

Post by Felryan »

Hope to see you on the pitch one day too ;)

Return to “News, Rules and Information”