Training matches in Cabalvision league

The Official Forum for New Ogham League. All important information will be posted here.
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Training matches in Cabalvision league

Post by jarik »

After my horrible experience again with people conceding when first setback happens I tried creating team in Cabalvision non-ranked league (wasn't there earlier just 2 of them and now there is ranked, non-ranked and anarchy) with idea that if games are not ranked people play for fun and not to optimize winning streak. Sure on first game there opponent didn't quit even when scored on his half. 👍

But then reading Playboy Bunnies team thread Njord said there that games must be in ranked competition, rules post talks about our Open League so that doesn't help.

Can someone confirm or point out what are the current rules regarding this?
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
JRCO

Re: Training matches in Cabalvision league

Post by JRCO »

jarik wrote: 26 Jul 2020, 12:56 After my horrible experience again with people conceding when first setback happens I tried creating team in Cabalvision non-ranked league (wasn't there earlier just 2 of them and now there is ranked, non-ranked and anarchy) with idea that if games are not ranked people play for fun and not to optimize winning streak. Sure on first game there opponent didn't quit even when scored on his half. 👍

But then reading Playboy Bunnies team thread Njord said there that games must be in ranked competition, rules post talks about our Open League so that doesn't help.

Can someone confirm or point out what are the current rules regarding this?
I concur that if you want an experienced team to be accepted the 5 games must be played either in New Ogham open league (But pretty much Dead atm) or in Cabalvision Ranked league. A concede by opponent is considered being 2 games.
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 00:33 I concur that if you want an experienced team to be accepted the 5 games must be played either in New Ogham open league (But pretty much Dead atm) or in Cabalvision Ranked league. A concede by opponent is considered being 2 games.
Then I think I will just start with random fresh team. When looked at my test teams I noticed that I didn't have single team with 5 normal games, all had at least one concede in there. Playing games and having opponent concede on turn 6 is so frustrating that would probably uninstall whole game before get to play 5 random games successfully.
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
jarik

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote: 28 Jul 2020, 00:33 I concur that if you want an experienced team to be accepted the 5 games must be played either in New Ogham open league (But pretty much Dead atm) or in Cabalvision Ranked league. A concede by opponent is considered being 2 games.
Btw what is the reasoning why only ranked matches are allowed? If comparing Cabalvision ranked and non-ranked competitions that allow only new teams I don't see much difference. Both are random opponents against teams that have started in that competition. You could think that ranked competition has more competitive gaming and with concede limit you would expect that it would happen less. But as with less than 5 games you would most likely be playing against quite fresh teams that are easily replaceable my experience is that concedes happens more in there and if you could somehow talk your opponent to give you free win it wouldn't mean much to them in either competition.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

jarik wrote: 29 Jul 2020, 08:12
Btw what is the reasoning why only ranked matches are allowed? If comparing Cabalvision ranked and non-ranked competitions that allow only new teams I don't see much difference. Both are random opponents against teams that have started in that competition. You could think that ranked competition has more competitive gaming and with concede limit you would expect that it would happen less. But as with less than 5 games you would most likely be playing against quite fresh teams that are easily replaceable my experience is that concedes happens more in there and if you could somehow talk your opponent to give you free win it wouldn't mean much to them in either competition.
Cabalvision non ranked allow old teams.

Reasonning is there are more player in Ranked (so less risk of having RDV with a friend), it is admined and so games are more serious.which leads to less disconnection (that was the data do show).

But I am open for change if you think it makes sense.
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote: 30 Jul 2020, 16:30 Cabalvision non ranked allow old teams.

Reasonning is there are more player in Ranked (so less risk of having RDV with a friend), it is admined and so games are more serious.which leads to less disconnection (that was the data do show).

But I am open for change if you think it makes sense.
There is now 3 competitions. Ranked, non-ranked and anarchy. And two first I think take only new teams. First has concession limit but I think it must be too high. No idea how teams are distributed across competitions.

In last couple days I played 3 games with my circus in ranked, and without concessions. Lets see if I get to play 4 games normally.

I have wondered why I have so bad statistics. When I steal the ball do I do it so annoyingly with my B-class teams or what 🤔 But then again when played woodelves opponents disconnected when scored on turn 3 ...which doesn't sound strange at all.
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Non ranked league takes also old teams Mate.

Kislev is bit hard at start but can get annoying very fast . They suffer quite a lot at high TV against bash team.
Superbowl VII Champions
jarik

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 12:40 Non ranked league takes also old teams Mate.
True. I just looked at they had same 3 icons on the right side. But then experienced teams icon is on the left.
jarik

Post by jarik »

JRCO wrote: 31 Jul 2020, 12:40 They suffer quite a lot at high TV against bash team.
Who doesn't :lol:

Return to “News, Rules and Information”