Steam link in user profile

The Official Forum for New Ogham League. All important information will be posted here.
Mythrell
Timezone (OGT): 1

Steam link in user profile

Post by Mythrell »

Hello all,

as a recent good idea, users can now add their steam profile link if they want to in their user profile (this is NOT required).

To add it, click your username on right top corner -> User Control Panel -> Profile tab -> Edit Profile -> Steam profile.

This will show up on post icon on the right side, for example if you click my "Contact" bubble you will see a menu which has steam profile as an option with a "world" icon. By clicking that, you will be redirected to the user profile where you can see the link.

WARNING: It can be any website, just so you don't randomly click it at work and be redirected at meatspin or something similar (there's actually no way to show the link before hand). :)

More safe way to check this is to open their profile and you will see the link under "Contact info".

This replaces the standard Website profile option, but I don't think anyone uses it anyways.
JRCO

Re: Steam link in user profile

Post by JRCO »

As you Know I am not an IT expert how do you determine your "steam profile link" ?

Can't figure out what is the URL of mine.
Superbowl VII Champions
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

From Steam client software (mine is in Finnish):

1. Click your user name to get to your profile page, select "Profile" from the menu which should open.

2. Click on "Edit profile", your profile settings will open. Your "own" URL address will show up here too, and you can actually edit it if you want to change it.

3. This is where your steam profile URL is. You can change the last bit to what ever which is not already taken, if you want to.

4. Click privacy settings. This is where you select what you share to others. Your profile has to be set as "Public" if you want to allow other players invite you to their friends this way. It also means that everyone can check out your profile and see how many hours you have played Blood Bowl 2 (or any other steam products) or if you are currently online etc.

You can consider this to be something you want to keep private, so you may not want to share your steam profile with the whole world. Consider it as a face book page which is open to everyone. I personally do not care. :)
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

I decided to create us a Steam usergroup, this way you don't have to share your profile to whole world if you do not want to but can still share easier communication with other Steam users. This doesn't mean you have to or even should to apply, but I will send invite to everyone who puts their steam profile in our forums. Feel free to accept or decline as you see fit.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/newogham

It's invite only, so if you do not want to share user profile, I can invite you if you PM me your steam name.

If nothing else, it's a free ad for everyone who seeks Blood Bowl thrills in Steam. :)
WildKun
Timezone (OGT): 2

Post by WildKun »

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48

Minor thing. There is unnecessary text on profile page. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48

Steam profile:Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Mythrell/
Mythrell

Post by Mythrell »

WildKun wrote: Minor thing. There is unnecessary text on profile page. memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=48
Fixed now, thanks. :)
Felryan
Timezone (OGT): 0

Post by Felryan »

I'm a little late, but could you send me invitation please ? :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Felryan

Return to “News, Rules and Information”