BB3 first imlpressions

The Official Forum for New Ogham League. All important information will be posted here.
JRCO

BB3 first imlpressions

Post by JRCO »

Anyone has started to play and try the game ?

I only barely launched it yesterday and didn't launch a game, just did navigate a bit through the interface.

My first impression is the game doesn't look polish and really ready at the moment and the interface is bit complex and not as intuitive as BB2. Most probably there will be some time to get accustomed and it should be OK.

Graphism seems beautiful.

I have a specific difficulty, it seems there is only the possibility to have one single account and as the interface is not user friendly at the moment, I made a mistake so my ingame nickname is currently my mail address :D....and frustrating but no way at the moment to fix and change it. (so be careful when you create your account do not enter your mail twice, the last line will be your ingame nickname. Read twice before your create to make sure you made no mispelling mistake).
Superbowl VII Champions
Segosa
Timezone (OGT): 0

Re: BB3 first imlpressions

Post by Segosa »

I installed the game this morning and created a new Crimson Kings team. They'll be back in BB3 :twisted:
Swords and Guns have also been created.
Now I'll start the campaign to get familiar with the game.

As for the interface, I have to get used to it. I have found how to rename players and that was not that obvious...
jarik
Timezone (OGT): 1

Post by jarik »

This article doesn't give that good image 😬

https://www.pcgamer.com/blood-bowl-3-is ... king-bugs/

I will probably wait some time before even installing it, got some other things going on and if current state is that then it might be better to get at least some bugs fixed first
Manger of our official Twitter commentator Big Bob, coach of 112th Brute Brigade and few other teams. PM me for access to newogham.slack.com, even it is not really in use at this moment.
Segosa

Post by Segosa »

First patch applied today to fix some bugs :o
Segosa

Post by Segosa »

I have just played my first two games in the first campaign. I was able to end both games, with easy wins 2-0 with a Nurgle team (what a surprise ;-) ).
I had following issues :
  • Not able to use Blitz during one turn
  • Not able to hire a dead player at the end of the game (although it had been added to my team during the game)
  • When using tentacles, the game waits 30 seconds until the end of the action
Still this annoying feature that dice are quickly displayed, faster than actions themselves which is confusing to follow what's happening and the AI is still not that clever : lots of insane and/or useless dodges with players that are not that agile, blitz against a player who was not handling the ball although the ball carrier would have obviously been a much more interesting target (but I won't complain ;-) ),...

Hope a second fix patch will be delivered soon :roll:
Last edited by Segosa on 24 Feb 2023, 18:51, edited 1 time in total.
Segosa

Post by Segosa »

Oh, and I forgot another annoying thing: once you have selected the sorcerer you cannot cancel the action... What a pity...
Njord

Post by Njord »

Hello!

I was heading towards the steam store tonight to buy the game and download a copy, thought to have a quick look on the reviews. OMG, compared to the launch of BB2, this have to be something special.

What do you say? Should I get i now or wait?

Best regards,

Njord
--------------------------------
"Adopt, improvise, overcome"

In game nick: Njord
Also known as: "The manager formerly known as Snitz"
Super Bowl XXII Champion - Ghazak Khan Raiderz - Chaos Dwarf
JRCO

Post by JRCO »

Njord wrote: 23 Feb 2023, 21:56 Hello!

I was heading towards the steam store tonight to buy the game and download a copy, thought to have a quick look on the reviews. OMG, compared to the launch of BB2, this have to be something special.

What do you say? Should I get i now or wait?

Best regards,

Njord
First two days were awful with unstable server. But Now it is stabilized and you can play oneline game very smoothly (create a team and then use the pre season quick match button, is seems it is the short cut to the cabalvisionb offical ladder).

Games works well now, graphism are beautiful, so I believe game can be bought with confidence even if it is bit unfinished (ie : would be way too soon to start a league) the matches are working well.
Superbowl VII Champions

Return to “News, Rules and Information”